Pastor RUGA Osinbajo: A Man’s Vision Turns the Dubai Desert into the Singapore of the Middle East By Bayo Oluwasanmi
This is the continuation of my open letter to Pastor RUGA Osinbajo published on Monday. Great leaders have visions. You can’t be a real leader that people want to follow without a vision. Vision is the essential ingredient of leadership. Vision is a clear, inspiring, practical and compelling picture of a country’s future.
Apart from Chief Obafemi Awolowo, The Great Awo, no Nigerian leader has the gift of vision for Nigeria. All the leaders produced so far have been spectators and predators. Pastor RUGA Osinbajo argued in his address to CAN (Christian Association of Nigeria) that for 61 years, the vision for Nigeria has been undefeated. What vision? I believe Pastor RUGA’s 61-year undefeated vision for Nigeria is a land of generators, boreholes and dilapidated schools.
A land of death trap roads, slums, crumbling hospitals without doctors, nurses and drugs, unreliable and non-existent public transport, glorified high schools called universities, dangerous and unsafe countries, tyrannical government and lawless, hungry and haggard citizens dying like flies from treatable and preventable diseases, nepotist leader, corrupt, deaf, dumb, blind. And so on, and so on, and so on.
“Before 1960, Dubai was just a desert. But the ruler of Dubai has changed his face. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the ruler of the emirate of Dubai, ”Steve Kroft CBS 60 Minutes correspondent said in a 2007 interview with Sheikh Al Maktoum. “What are you trying to do here? What do you want this place to be? Kroft pointedly asked the ruler of Dubai.” I want it to be number 1, not in the region but in the world in everything … Higher education, health, housing, making my people the highest way of life, “said the ruler of Dubai.” Dubai has become so famous that most people in the world consider it a country But it’s not a state, it’s just a city in the United Arab Emirates, ”Kroft noted.
Today, Dubai has transformed in many ways:
1. One of the best cities in the world.
2. Dubai Creek Tour.
3. Dubai is the biggest construction site.
4. Dubai is growing faster than any city in the world.
5. Dubai has become the hub of world trade.
6. In 1990, there was only one skyscraper in Dubai – the World Trade Center. There are now a total of 148 skyscrapers and 917 high-rise buildings in Dubai.
7. Dubai Police use supercars such as Aston Martin One-77, Audi R-8, Bentley Continental GT, Bentley Bentayga and many more.
8. The Dubai Mall is the world’s largest shopping mall with 1,200 stores.
9. Dubai’s Palm Jumeirah is the largest in the world
19. The world’s only seven-star Burj Al Arab hotel is located in Dubai.
20. Dubailand (similar to Disneyland) is 2.5 times the size of Disneyland. Over 200,000 visitors are seen here. The list goes on.
The vision of one man, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai, transformed Dubai into the Singapore of the Middle East. His vision made Dubai what it is today where there were only deserts a few years ago, there are only skyscrapers now. Pastor RUGA, what is Nigeria’s undefeated vision? What is Buhari-Osinbajo’s vision for Nigeria over the past six years?